Thursday, October 11, 2007

Pops Is Melancholy In Arkansas

Hey, amazing Davis/McBeth family --

I am in Arkansas for a few days doing some business on "The Other Side of Heaven" and staying with Tony and Brenda. I logged onto our family blog tonight and was just struck by how blessed we all are to have each other, to be each other. I just really, really love our family and want you all to know how grateful I am for each of you and how proud I am of all of you.

Not to ruin a good sentiment, but I am frequently reminded how quickly all of the blessings in our life can turn on a dime. You probably all have heard about Mom and Parker's harrowing moose incident by now. That story had a happy, safe ending. It could have easily gone the other way. I am so grateful that I will be coming home to both of them in a few days, and that Penny will be there to annoy me as well.

Being here with Tony and Brenda has reminded me a lot of what it was like to have a younger family. We went in their Suburban to the girls' soccer games tonight. I watched Sofia prance around in her uniform, feeling very cute, being very social, and not really caring about where the soccer ball was, and I was taken soaring back to a similar field twenty years ago in Moorpark, California, where I watched my adorable little daughter, Rachel, do exactly the same thing.

Wow. It all really happens so fast.

Parker, blogging is not lame and neither are you. Get on board, my young, uberathletic son.

Marshal, I agree with Ryan that your second (less pineapples) version is the better of the two. I love all of your other digital art. Looks like a cool class. You have a lot of talent in that department.

Kinsey, where are you?

Rachel, you rock. And you have to quit advancing Roxy over Penny. We need to be equal opportunity dog lovers in our family.

Ryan, you rock also. Very cool that you find time to contribute to our blog whilst carving up cadavers and doing other highbrow things at medical school.

Christian, you most obviously rock because your rock music is about to rock not one but two, count 'em, two CSI Miami episodes.

Emily, are you hanging out somewhere with Kinsey?

Michelle: You are the love of my life. Call me a month from now when you sign on to our blog and read those words.

I love and admire all of you. Families are eternal. In the end, they are (you are) all that matter.

Pops

2 comments:

Rachey said...

I too am so glad that Mom and Penny were okay. I never realized how scary a moose could be!

Rachel

Davis Family said...

You are the love of my life too!

Wife