Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I'm not dead yet!!!!

Well, since Kinsey so adamantly wants the family blog to stay alive, I guess I will start posting here more.

We experienced our first East Coast "ice storm" last night. It was so weird because it wasn't raining outside or anything, but apparently if there is enough moisture in the air, and it gets cold enough, then the roads and cars and everything (including our barbecue) just freeze over. So at about 4 o'clock PM chaos in the DC metro area ensued. My commute home (normally 7 minutes) took an hour.

But I had it easy, most people I know were stuck on the freeway, not moving at all, for 2 to 5 hours. Can you even imagine? My office overlooks one of the freeways here, and it looked like a scene from one of those end of the world movies. I probably would have had a complete melt down at hour 2 and just broken down in tears.

The only up side of the whole ordeal, was that both my work and Ryan's school were delayed until about 10 today. It felt like Saturday in the middle of the week.

We were also pretty excited yesterday to go out and vote for the first time ever (we've always been absentee in the past) and were extra excited that our guy won by a landslide! It was a nice change after all of the Romney disappointments to finally see the our candidate winning.

I love you all lots and hope that everything is going great in your neck of the woods. Its kind of fun how our family is already so spread out across the US.

No comments: