Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Davis Family Sits On Rocks

So, hey, who came up with the great name for our blogspot? It just dawned on me, looking at the photo of us all sitting on rocks at Felicita Park, that the name for our blog may be a pun deriving from that cool photo of all nine of us beautiful people, softly backlit by the setting sun.

Sorry Mom and I have been so absent from the blog for so long. It's just that, since we live in a place where nobody comes to visit, we never have a reason to clean up our house. As a result, we can never find a computer to log on to the family blog and see what all of you are up to.

I just got back from an amazing mountain bike ride. There is about a five mile loop of pretty narrow, rocky, tree-lined single track behind our house. It started to rain the minute I left the house. As I cruised through the narrow lanes I started noticing piles of moose poo here and there.

The piles kept growing fresher and fresher until I noticed the last pile was still steaming. Luckily I never came across the moose, but I did come across six beautiful white-tailed deer, standing in a meadow, watching me with the curiosity of someone whose house has just been invaded by a creature they don't really fear but don't quite recognize.

If I had come across the pooping moose and if it had trampled me to death, or if I had hit my head on a rock and frozen to death a few miles behind my house, I want you to know that I would have died content in the knowledge that I am a part of one of the most beautiful families God ever created. Indeed, it is true: The Davis family rocks.

1 comment:

Rachey said...

That was a great post dad, and I really envy that beautiful bike ride you described.