Wednesday, June 11, 2008

And Another Thing

We've been having some insane weather out here lately. Last week we had some tornadoes and lost our power for a day, then we had an insane heat wave, can you say 101 degrees with 85% humidity? Thanks heavens we have A/C! Last night Ryan and I were out running some errands after work, we headed home around 8:30 and the skies were perfectly clear, within 5 minutes we were being pummeled by huge sheets of rain and the streets were almost flooding. On top of that there was crazy scary lightning all along the way. You know, the kind that you hear the thunder at the same time that you see the light? Yeah, that close. And I learned something about myself, I have an INTENSE fear of lightning. I mean, it stands to reason considering our families experience with lightning. But I guess I always thought the way I reacted to it was normal. You know, my fists automatically tighten, my heart rate jumps. Last night was pretty bad. When we got to our house I was too scared to go from the car to the house. It took me a few minutes to gather myself before making a mad dash in, almost crying the whole way. And through all of this? Ryan isn't even phased. So yeah, add that to my list of phobias.

THE END.

No comments: