Thursday, October 4, 2007

Rachel's Job Update

I thought maybe I'd tell y'all about my job a little bit. AvalonBay Communities is a real estate development/property management company that builds super nice mutli family communities. There corporate office is here in Alexandria, its about a ten minute drive from our place ( a big improvement from my two hour commute to Irvine my last couple of months in So Cal). I got hired on to a fairly new department usually reffered to as the Fund.

The Fund consists of three other employees. We are primarily responsible for managing two very large joint venture capital funds. We have a few large scale investors, we purchase B and C properties, turn them into A properties (through renevations and better management) and then sell them. We have an awesome portfolio and some really amazing properties! Its a job that really keeps me busy and challenges me. Which is fantastic!

Also, since this is there headquarters, it is a very different office experience for me. This is where the cream of the crop of their employees work, so they treat us really well. They really invest a lot of time in keeping their employees happy. I also am located right next to the Marketing department, which keeps things a little more interesting. My co-workers in the Fund tend to be a little more serious/workaholics, whereas the Marketing people take two hour lunches everyday. I do envy them a little.

Thats it for me.

Here is a link to one of my favorite of our properties, in San Francisco.

http://www.avaloncommunities.com/avaloncore/nfloor.asp?comm=285

P.S. Props to Emily for making the page look so cool, and for having the good taste to put a picture of our puppy up. Maybe you should put a pic up of your poop bleached excercise ball too.

No comments: